Patient information about vulval diseases
For accurate diagnosis and management of a vulval problem, you may wish to consult an expert in vulval diseases in private practice or attend a public hospital multidisciplinary vulval clinic. A referral may be required.
See below for patient information about some common vulval and vaginal diseases and conditions, prepared by ANZVS.
- Vulval candida (vaginal thrush)
- Facts about thrush (vulvovaginal candidiasis)
- Vulval skin care
- Vulval lichen sclerosus
- Vulval psoriasis
- Vulval lichen planus
- Plasma cell vulvitis
- Vulval pain
- Vulval disease in children
- Hidradenitis suppurativa
- Painful sex
The following websites have patient information suitable for patients with vulval diseases. The ANZVS does not necessarily endorse their contents.
- International Society for the Study of Vulvovaginal Disease
- Australian Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology
- DermNet NZ
- British Society for the Study of Vulval Disease
- Vulval Pain Society British
- National Vulvodynia Association USA
- Vaginismus.com Self-help for women to overcome painful sex
- Worldwide Lichen Sclerosus Support Group UK
- Women’s Health Queensland Wide Australia
- Jean Hailes for Women’s Health
- GAIN Inc.
- Health Organization for Pudendal Education
- Dr Susan Evans free e-booklet about pelvic pain
- Pelvic Pain Support Network UK